World Records is seeking an editor to join the team for our next two volumes!
Web + Media Editor
This position is designed to work with the media, and web presence of World Records. This position will help craft the visual identity of the current volume through closely working with authors and editors on the production of video and image assets to accompany each article. The Web and Media Editor must be extremely detail-oriented. This position is volunteer but will receive credit on the World Records Volume masthead, can be coordinated for university credit and will impart a great deal of publishing experience. This position will report to the editor and be trained by the staff at UnionDocs.
- Working with Assistant Editor to ensure that all materials are properly formatted and translated to web format.
- Process and create assets per article (images, video, PDFs) to adhere to style guides and site specifications.
- Passing drafts back to editor(s), UnionDocs team and making updates / changes as needed.
- Keeping publishing schedule on track for timely release of Volume.
- Familiarity with wordpress or similar CMS platform
- organized / detail-oriented
- Highly independent worker
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Particularly: Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere)
The Web and Media Editor will occupy a temporary position that requires a 2 month commitment and 12 hrs / week. The ideal candidate will be invested in the goals, mission, and future of World Records. For the right candidate, there is a possibility to stay on for future volumes of the documentary journal.
Candidates for this position…
- are self-motivated and outgoing with curiosity that spans the broad field of documentary arts, including film, video, radio, podcast, journalism, photography, interactive, and performance.
- have strong writing abilities for effective communication
- are organized and task-oriented
This position will begin in July 2019.